Choose your new windows wisely and with purpose. Here are a few things to consider before you buy.
Window size and style can differ drastically depending on the room. Here some things to keep in mind
- First floor, look for combination of picture and awning or casement windows. These windows are difficult to pry open when locked.
- For bathroom windows or windows flanking an entry, opt for privacy/obscure glass options.
- Using transom windows and skylights provide great daylighting options, while adding privacy.
- If there are walkways around your house, then you may want to consider windows that don't open out into the path.
- If your home is situated on or near a busy road or airport, you may want to look into sound control windows.